Ascension And Enlightenment
July 13, 2009 by Akemi Gaines
I’ve been writing about Ascension, Ascension soul shift, and the New World on this Yes to Me blog. (Each link takes you to the main post of the topic.) Here I’d like to provide a good sum-up to help you understand this interesting phenomenon, which has a lot to do with your own freedom. (Photo credit)
What is Ascension?
Our Earth is increasing her energetic vibration rate. In other words, the Earth is ascending. This is affecting all her residents, like us, and many of us are experiencing the increase of our soul’s vibration rate. This is called Ascension or Light Ascension.
You don’t need to know the word Ascension or anything about it to ascend. You don’t need to be practicing any spiritual work such as meditation to ascend (although such practice can be tremendously helpful.)
When your soul’s vibration rate increases to a certain level, you may experience Ascension soul shift. I see this often in my Akashic Record Reading service. The existing soul completes its life lessons and a new soul, that comes from the same Higher Self, takes over. Again, this is a result of a combined effects of Earth’s Ascension and your personal spiritual development. It’s not all about you — there is grace brought by Earth.
What is Ascension soul shift?
Because the soul defines a big part of us, mentally, emotionally, and physically, the soul shift is a noticeable event. While each person experiences the shift differently, here is a list of common Ascension symptoms. You may experience all or some of them:
- Change in interests and aspirations. You are simply not interested in the people and things that kept your interest before. (Including disinterest in personal development or productivity hacks.)
- Inner need to detox, declutter, and simplify life.
- Strange wanderlust.
- Sudden spiritual “awakening”
- Change of food preference (many become vegetarian or even raw vegetarian)
- Change in sleep patterns
- Physical symptoms such as ringing in the ear, change in vision (sometimes daily), or strange itching and twitching around the body.
- Depression and anxiety are also common when the previous soul gets stuck, unable to move on after the new soul comes in.
The common theme in all these is that the change happens quite abruptly. It’s not something you planned or worked on to change.
I write about Ascension because there aren’t many resources out there to help people understand what is going on. If you went through these strange and unexplainable changes, don’t think you are crazy. I can help you. (Here is a list of other resources on Ascension that seem reliable to me.)
What will happen in 2012?
What will all these changes lead us to? I think we may be becoming lightbodies. Our physical body is a blessing, but it also presents various limitations. It may be time to evolve to something even better, which I call lightbody. In my understanding, lightbody can feed on light, not foods. And we can travel through time and space freely as lightbody.
Now a disclaimer: I haven’t seen my lightbody yet. All these things about Ascension and lightbody are still in the research level — I’ve been studying about them as I work with post Ascension soul shift clients and as I experiment with myself. Honestly, there are so many questions that remain open. I choose to write about Ascension, however, because even the ongoing research level information can be helpful, especially for those who are going through this or who are heading this way soon. Again, there aren’t many other helps available to the best of my knowledge.
Will Ascension complete in year 2012? Will there be a significant change to Earth in 2012? I don’t know. If anything is indeed happening, I think it’s a positive change. So I wrote my Creating the New World series.
What is Enlightenment?
Enlightenment has become such an ambiguous word. You might say my post is “enlightening”, and that would be a nice compliment, but I’m not sure if that enlightenment is the same as the enlightenment some people pursue in their spiritual development.
Here is my definition of Enlightenment. It is to realize the true nature of this thing we call “reality”. In other words, Enlightenment is about knowing we have the power to create. It is the ultimate freedom.
Ascension and Enlightenment are closely related, but I see them as separate. Enlightenment is a spiritual achievement. Ascension is the dynamic change that involves not just our soul but our body and mind. One helps the other to happen.
Action plan for Ascension
What can you do to move forward in your Ascension? Each post in the New World series on Love, Light, Truth, Abundance and Power has action plans at the end, so please check them out. Additionally, I suggest:
- Listen to your inner voice. Develop your intuition — it’s your best guidance.
- Your need to detox and declutter is real — don’t resist it.
- Eat closely to Earth. The Earth grows plants, (typically) small animals eat plants, then bigger animals eat the vegetarian animals. I feel much better since I became vegetarian (pretty much vegan).
- Take plenty of rest. Declutter not only your physical environment but also your life, and rest rather than doing non-critical activities.
- Let go of people who sucks up your energy.
Do you have any questions about Ascension? Please share in the comments. Thank you.